Woodlands Trail – First Aid – Medical
January 10, 2022 @ 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm
Branch : Life Skills
Step : Core – #02 First Aid – Medical
The “First-Aid – Medical” Step provides an introduction to the treatment of medical conditions that could be experienced by Trailmen or Trail Guides during an outdoor event, or could be witnessed while out in the community. Traillmen should be equipped to assess a few basic emergencies, and to respond quickly with a few basic treatments. Ultimately, Trailmen should carry a basic understanding of when to seek outside aid through the dialing of 911.
- When should you call 911? What is first aid? Why is it first?
- How should you treat someone who has become too hot, or who has been burned?
- How should you treat someone who has become too cold, or who has experienced frost-bite?
- What are some symptoms of a heart attack or stroke?
- What is shock and how should you treat it?
- When should you call 911?