Woodlands Trail – Camping & Hiking
September 20 @ 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm
Branch : Outdoor Skills
Step : Core – #04 Camping & Hiking
Purpose : The Camping and Hiking Step is to provide a basic knowledge of camping and hiking
Upon completion of this step, Trailmen should understand how to utilize commonly accepted camping techniques as well as understanding basic hiking methods.
- How do you select a good camp site?
- What are the different methods of camping?
- What are the different types of tents?
- How do you take care of a tent?
- What is a good campsite layout?
- What are safety practices that you should remember?
- How does hygiene play an important role in the outdoors?
- What are common etiquette practices in the outdoors?
- Worthy Life – Woodlands Trail Pamphlet (pdf)
- Fox Patrol – Outdoors Skills : Ropes and Knots – Faith (pdf)
- Hawk Patrol – Outdoor Skills : Ropes and Knots – Faith (pdf)
- Mountain Lion Patrol – Outdoor Skills : Ropes and Knots – Faith (pdf)