- This event has passed.
Woodlands Trail – Fire Safety
April 19 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Outdoor Skills – Step 6
The “Fire Safety” Step is to provide a basic knowledge of fire. Upon completion of this step, Trailmen should understand aspects such as fire safety, identification, and emergencies. Mountain Lions will work toward earning their Fireguard card.
- What are the different types of fires?
- What are some fire safety guidelines?
- What kinds of fire systems are used around you?
- What is a fire drill and how do you participate in them?
- When and how should you fight a simple fire?
- What are some first aid techniques involving burns?
- What are the Trail Life approved methods and rules for starting and maintaining a fire? (Fireguard Card)