Woodlands Trail – First Aid – Traumatic
January 18 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
First Aid – Traumatic
Life Skills – Step 1
The “First Aid – Traumatic” Step provides an introduction to the treatment of injuries that could be experienced or witnessed in a number of contexts, such as at home, during sporting events, while camping or hiking, or while generally out in the community. Trailmen should be able to identify basic emergencies, and should develop confidence to response with basic treatments. Trailmen should be equipped with an understanding of when outside aid should be sought through dialing 911.
- What is first aid? Why is it first?
- How should you treat someone who is bleeding?
- How should you treat someone who has possibly experienced a fracture or sprain?
- How should you treat someone who has been bitten or stung by an animal, spider, or insect?
- How should you treat a foreign body?
- When should you call 911?