Woodlands Trail – Map Skills
January 25, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Life Skills – Step 3
The “Map Skills” Step provides a basic knowledge of what maps are and how they can be used. Basic features of maps will be understood. Trailmen should be able to find their location on a map and how to get to another location.
- What are the different types of maps and what are they used for?
- What are the features on a globe or world map?
- What are some features on a road map?
- What are some features on a USGS or hiking map?
- How is a floor plan like a map?