Woodlands Trail – Orienteering
March 29, 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Outdoor Skills – Step 2
The “Orienteering” Step is to provide a basic working knowledge of land navigation in different environments. Upon completion of this step, Trailmen should understand safe and reliable methods of land navigation.
- How can you use a map for orienteering?
- How can you locate your position and direction on a map?
- How can you use directional techniques to guide your path?
- What are different types of compasses?
- What are the parts of a compass called?
- How is a compass used?
- How can you measure traveling distance?
- What are some safety guidelines that you should know?