Woodlands Trail – Outdoor Cooking
April 12 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Outdoor Skills – Step 3
The “Outdoor Cooking” Step is to provide a basic knowledge of cooking and eating in an outdoor setting. Upon completion of this step, Trailmen should understand how to properly prepare and cook meals under different circumstances.
- What equipment is used for outdoor cooking?
- What storage techniques are best for outdoor food and equipment?
- How do you plan a menu?
- What are good hygiene practices for outdoors?
- How is food prepared when outdoors?
- How can you safely cook food in an outdoor environment?
- What are the best ways to clean and sanitize the equipment?
- How do you dispose of trash and food waste in an outdoor environment?