Woodlands Trail – Ropes & Knots
September 13 @ 6:30 pm – 7:45 pm
Branch : Outdoor Skills
Step : Core – Step 01 Ropes & Knots
Purpose: Ropes & Knots Step is to provide a basic knowledge and foundation on ropes and knots as tools.
Upon completion of this step, Trailmen should understand how to safely use ropes to perform basic functions.
- What are the different types of rope?
- What can rope do?
- What are the parts of the rope called?
- How can I properly care for a rope?
- What are the parts of a knot?
- What are some basic knots and how are they used?
- What are the best methods for breaking a knot?
The leaders will be using Reference Ready – Camping & Backpacking Knots cards as part of the learning. The link is provided, if you wish to purchase these cards for your Trailman. While not required, they are a handy tool to have for any time a knot might be needed.
- Worthy Life – Woodlands Trail Pamphlet
- Fox Patrol – Outdoors Skills : Ropes and Knots – Wisdom
- Hawk Patrol – Outdoor Skills : Ropes and Knots – Wisdom
- Mountain Lion Patrol – Outdoor Skills : Ropes and Knots – Wisdom